View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Those are cool looking.

Got any plans for the blue gas tank, kinda sticks out like a sore thumb?

I don't know, but 60mph on that machine sounds kinda scary
60-65 MPH is the theoretical top speed on the street that I am shooting for. I live in a small rural town and I'd like to use it as an in-town runabout/cruiser so it will likely not see over 45-50 most of the time. I just don't want to run WOT all the time with no governor.

It is also bigger than it looks in the pics. It is a little less than 7' long from front to back and the rear wheels are about 4' wide. It rides and handles a lot like a full size motorcycle trike.

Absolutely I have plans for painting the whole thing! I am currently also working on a 1973 Ford Ranchero resto-mod on the weekends and this thing will fit perfectly in the bed of it. The current plan is to paint the trike to match the truck when I get it done. I thought the weird car/truck and trike combo would be pretty cool color matched.

This winter, the trike will be getting completely torn down so I can get the frame, fork, and bars sand blasted and powder coated where I work. There are a couple of small (half-dollar sized) chunks missing from around the edges of the fiberglass. I will fill those in with bondoglass and some mat to reinforce it and then repaint the entire body.

If I can get the gas tank and engine shroud powder coated to match, I will do that, otherwise they will get painted. The stock exhaust and air box are going to go away because the roll bar won't fit with them on there.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalhead1982 For This Useful Post:
JTSpeedDemon (08-14-2019)