DIY Go Kart Forum

DIY Go Kart Forum (http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself! (http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Another new old guy. (http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41660)

Tom C 07-10-2019 04:29 AM

Another new old guy.
 
Hello all from KY. I built a mini bike from scratch with a 212 predator motor. I wasn't happy with it so I bought an old used go cart (Manco Silver Fox), and pulled the motor off the mini bike for it. I did a stage 1 set up on the motor:2guns:, a couple new tires, and a hydraulic brake set up. I been tearing up the trails around the house for a couple of weeks now, it seems unstoppable. What a blast, my grand daughter is mad cause I passed her on her go cart. LOL. It will get torn down and prettified this winter.
Tom

Flyinhillbilly 07-10-2019 07:25 AM

Welcome

Piddler 07-10-2019 08:25 AM

Welcome from one new guy to the other!

JTSpeedDemon 07-10-2019 09:16 AM

:welcome2:

landuse 07-11-2019 03:00 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!

andrecht 07-11-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 528325)
Hello all from KY. I built a mini bike from scratch with a 212 predator motor. I wasn't happy with it so I bought an old used go cart (Manco Silver Fox), and pulled the motor off the mini bike for it. I did a stage 1 set up on the motor:2guns:, a couple new tires, and a hydraulic brake set up. I been tearing up the trails around the house for a couple of weeks now, it seems unstoppable. What a blast, my grand daughter is mad cause I passed her on her go cart. LOL. It will get torn down and prettified this winter.

Tom

Tom, its only appropriate that you post some photos of this minibike and your escapades....... welcome

baloydi 07-12-2019 01:03 PM

Welcome!

Hellion 07-12-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 528325)
Hello all from KY. I built a mini bike from scratch with a 212 predator motor....

Sure you did. Talk is cheap, pal. :P

https://i.imgur.com/NZXc8.gif

Tom C 07-17-2019 03:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pics of my mini bike attempt, and my new bad go kart.

landuse 07-18-2019 12:13 AM

That minibike looks pretty cool :D What didn't you like about it?

Tom C 07-18-2019 05:13 PM

Rough ride.Hard to keep the front wheel on the ground. I’m old and in rough shape. Lol.

mrdeadman1 07-31-2019 06:05 PM

welcome, cool bike

Hellion 07-31-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 529112)
Rough ride.Hard to keep the front wheel on the ground. Iím old and in rough shape. Lol.


Well, the seat does seem to occupy the most rearward portion of the frame...:P

Nice pics.

Tom C 08-02-2019 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellion (Post 529844)
Well, the seat does seem to occupy the most rearward portion of the frame...:P

Nice pics.

Yep, first build. Love my kart now.:wai:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.