DIY Go Kart Forum

DIY Go Kart Forum (http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself! (http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   70mph 420cc predator (http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30138)

vegasboy 07-15-2015 12:16 AM

70mph 420cc predator

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys from vegas! I just wanted to show you guys my streetlegal 420cc predator powered motorcycle. Its been souped up a bit. Its a daily driver and has about 2500 miles on it. The bike is heavy and im not light either. I plan on making history with it in a couple months by driving it to san Diego from vegas!

chancer 07-15-2015 12:30 AM

Thats cool. That is a different looking bike. See you when you get here.

landuse 07-15-2015 12:54 AM

Sweet! Can you post a few more pics of the drivetrain as well as give us a bit more info about the bike

vegasboy 07-15-2015 12:30 PM

landuse, what kind of info would you like? The mods include a aftermarket cam, billet connecting rod, hd valve springs, air filter chromoly push rods and thats about it. top speed 70mph. the gearing is a 14tooth noram clutch with a custom 80 tooth sprocket from rebel gears and a 24 in tire. the bike was fabricated by me and engine work done by my friend.

vegasboy 07-15-2015 12:49 PM

drive train and other pics

4 Attachment(s)
To the guy wanting drive train pics, here you go. And some others as well.

vegasboy 07-15-2015 01:25 PM

highway speed

Ive always enjoyed the harbor freight motors. Ive owned almost all of them and have been amazed at the reliabilty they have given me mostly on motorized bicycles and such. The problem was i needed a motor for daily street use. You guys use these engines on go karts, mini bikes and boats but no one has put these motors in a street legal vehicle and sent it down a freeway. So there wasnt much information on that subject. The hardest part was figuring what worked in the real world. Rpms fall flat on a stock cam after so many rpms, the aftermarket cam was the biggest increase in power on the bike so far. Can anyone suggest a bigger aftermarket carb for my bike? Please let me know, thank you.

landuse 07-15-2015 02:03 PM

Thanks for the info! You have a really sweet bike.

DirtyDamage 07-15-2015 05:48 PM

Love the kickstand.

itsid 07-15-2015 07:11 PM

uhm....
70mph??

with a single speed cent clutch (not even a TC) and a gear ratio that without counting looks to be closer to 12:1 than anything else??

that means you can run that engine at 12000 rpm? (three times it's stock max rating)

IMPRESSIVE!!

Anywhoo... tell us about the mods you have installed on your engine to achieve that

'sid

chancer 07-15-2015 07:19 PM

Wait Sid POST 4
He said 14t clutch 80th sprocket and 24" rear tire. 70mph at 5600rpms. on the DIY speed calc.

itsid 07-15-2015 07:50 PM

ahh thank you, missed that ratio somehow (it's nearly 3 am here ;))

my apologies.. 5600rpm.. very plausible indeed.

'sid

chancer 07-15-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsid (Post 372932)

'sid

Get some sleep buddy:lolgoku: It is rare that you miss something.

vegasboy 07-16-2015 01:22 AM

You guys crack me up! lol. I knew it wasnt going to be to long before, somebody whipped out a gearing calculator. I do not have an optimistic chinese speedometer, its a suzuki gs 500 wheel fork and speedo. And maxes out at 70 and will only hit 75 downhill.

vegasboy 07-16-2015 01:35 AM

Ill take a pic of the speedo at speed when i get a chance for all you non believers. lol, you know what they say, pics or it didnt happen. And as stated previously i plan to take it to san diego at the beginning of next month. Trust me i wouldnt attempt a 5 hour drive down the freeway if it couldnt do as stated.

landuse 07-16-2015 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasboy (Post 372986)
You guys crack me up! lol. I knew it wasnt going to be to long before, somebody whipped out a gearing calculator. I do not have an optimistic chinese speedometer, its a suzuki gs 500 wheel fork and speedo. And maxes out at 70 and will only hit 75 downhill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasboy (Post 372993)
Ill take a pic of the speedo at speed when i get a chance for all you non believers. lol, you know what they say, pics or it didnt happen. And as stated previously i plan to take it to san diego at the beginning of next month. Trust me i wouldnt attempt a 5 hour drive down the freeway if it couldnt do as stated.

As you can see below, we do believe you. :D:D Sid just made a mistake in his calculations.

I still love this thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancer (Post 372926)
Wait Sid POST 4
He said 14t clutch 80th sprocket and 24" rear tire. 70mph at 5600rpms. on the DIY speed calc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsid (Post 372932)

'sid

vegasboy 07-16-2015 03:54 AM

pics

Ill take better pics, and will show it in action with someone on it and will definitely show the speedo in action. You can drive with no hands after it gets up to speed, so taking a picture wont be too difficult. and before sid jumps me about driving with no hands, i must point out the bike has a gas pedal instead of a hand throttle:thumbsup:

BirdFanatic 07-16-2015 04:52 AM

So your saying it has been EPA smog checked ? Dmv tested sticker ed and licensed .If not better watch out CHP do not play around out here in calie with though's things i got a ticket for riding a motorized bike in the bike lane with a helmet under the speed limit .

Poboy kartman 07-16-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdFanatic (Post 373007)
So your saying it has been EPA smog checked ? Dmv tested sticker ed and licensed .If not better watch out CHP do not play around out here in calie with though's things i got a ticket for riding a motorized bike in the bike lane with a helmet under the speed limit .

He's not a California resident trying to buy or liscence it in California.....he's a Vegas resident visiting California on a vehicle legal in his state.....

BirdFanatic 07-16-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poboy kartman (Post 373012)
He's not a California resident trying to buy or liscence it in California.....he's a Vegas resident visiting California on a vehicle legal in his state.....

Yea they just love to give out of state people tickets because they know they cant go to court on them .

Desertduler 07-16-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdFanatic (Post 373014)
Yea they just love to give out of state people tickets because they know they cant go to court on them .

Well that is not going to fly bird because the California State Law says that any vehicle that is registered in another state has to spend more time on California roads than it's own state in order to have to comply with the California state vehicle laws as long as the vehicle complies within the registered state laws of the licensed vehicle there is no violation. I just don't see how he could get a ticket for just visiting California,I have never heard of that. Please elaborate on your information resources?