PDA

View Full Version : 2 wires off coil - where do they go?

mrstarr
09-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm repairing a gocart with a Briggs, and the coil has of course one large wire that obviously goes to the spark plug.

Then it then has a prong, onto which a aligator clip slides on with two wires.

One wire from the prong goes to the on/off switch, to ground it out when switched off. But where does the second wire from this same terminal go? It looks like it has broken off from somewhere, but I have no idea where it went to.

I'm getting no spark, and I got a spark before, so I assume this wire is critical.

There is no battery/starter etc on this cart, its just a simple Briggs with magneto.

ed1380
09-04-2007, 05:17 PM
try to put one of the wires on teh coil. the bunch of flat plates that make up part of teh magneto.

I'm a noob, and don't remember how my kart is setup. can't look, cause of teh motor cover

2or3wheels
09-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah i believe the bolts that hold the coil up is where it should go. blot the eyelet with a bolt. then check.

tntchitwood
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
If this wire comes from the same terminal as the kill switch wire.....Cut it off. If this motor came off of something like a mower, tiller or something this wire may have went to a safety kill switch(You know blades and all that jazz). The only purpose for this terminal is to kill the motor. Tom