PDA

View Full Version : Belt will not engage - help!

brandonrak
05-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi,

Let me preface this by saying I'm pretty new to the karting world. I picked up a beat up hammerhead kart from a friend a few months ago and have been trying to get it fixed ever since. Two weeks ago I finally decided to install a new engine. At first it worked fine, however, the belt began to wear after a few hours of riding and eventually ripped. I have a new belt (correct dimensions) but the kart won't engage. Any ideas for what the problem could be?

landuse
05-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Hi,

Let me preface this by saying I'm pretty new to the karting world. I picked up a beat up hammerhead kart from a friend a few months ago and have been trying to get it fixed ever since. Two weeks ago I finally decided to install a new engine. At first it worked fine, however, the belt began to wear after a few hours of riding and eventually ripped. I have a new belt (correct dimensions) but the kart won't engage. Any ideas for what the problem could be?

Welcome. What type of kart do you have? How large are the tyres? What is the tooth count on the axle and TC sprockets? Are you 100% sure that you have the right belt? Where are you riding (tarmac or offroad)?

Comet 30 series TC's are rated to 8HP. Is your new engine greater than that.

Post some pics. It is difficult to help you without the above info